One of the pillars of the Solfest ethos is inclusivity and to that end we have always done out best to make everyone feel welcome, whatever age they may be. That means providing an immersive, creative and ultimately entertaining space for youngsters to run around, play and be themselves in, along with their parents, has and always will be a top priority.
The Solfest Kid’s Area has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years, occupying its own section of the festival site. We have story tellers keeping the oral traditions alive, a mad professor to teach some (no doubt messy) science, classes on all manner of crafts including wood carving, a caberet for those of all ages, circus skills groups and music workshops. To be honest, that’s not even half of it but if you come and check us out, we guarantee that the little ones will love it.
This year’s line-up
- Lady Bird Project
Delivering a variety of workshops, activities and evening caberet and disco. Each day will be themed as follows:
Friday – Space dinosaur jungle
Saturday – Treasure Island pirate extraviganza
Sunday – The magical, mystical creatures from the darkest depths of the jungle
- Housed in and around the Trailer Trash Youth Club Tent will be beatbox and rapping workshops delivered by members of The Fire Beneath the Sea, as well as spray painting graffiti workshops by Kingsyze Graffiti.
- Eden Ventures hosting a full tent dedicated to craft and arts workshops, including felt making, willow weaving and giant puppet making for the Sunday Parade!
- “Baby Chill” tent for babies and toddlers to run, crawl and play around the soft play area, whilst weary parents can refuel with a brew and possibly get booked in for a 10 minute shoulder massage from the Back in Ten practitioners.
- The fantastic Professor Pumpernickle with his crazy explosive science shows.
- The brilliant story teller Ian Douglas.
- Chalk Carving
- Face Painting
Our friends say…
…if The Singing Kettle is playing at a venue near you don’t miss it – for boys and girls of all ages.
…a real treat for the whole family, see for yourself and join them for an unforgettable Party experience.