Our friends from SmileFactor10 and professional kite flyers from across the north of England came to fill the skies on the outer edge of the festival with a kaleidoscope of colour in Solfest's very own kite spectacular.
Last year's kite flyers included:
- Dave Holt - Professional kite designer and international flyer
- Dazzz & Karen - Giant kites and other kites from around the world
- Jim & Vanessa Potts - Skyartists kite display and teddy parachuting
- Keith Proctor & Lorna Carpenter - Skyartists kite display and teddy parachuting
- Craig & Sue - SmileFactor10 - Cumbrian kite display team
- Mark Jones - 4 line "Revolution" kite flying displays and demonstrations
- Dixie Pixel - Handmade kites, tails and inflatables
- Pat & Jenny and Casualty Bob!
Important! Read this!!
There are several power lines that cross the Solfest site and a number of local hazards that make kite flying extremely dangerous. The professional kite flyers who attend Solfest are highly experienced and fully insured against any possible incident.
We ask that you enjoy their weekend kite displays but please do not bring your own kites to Solfest. They are not permitted anywhere inside the main festival arena or camping areas.